Vision and ethos
We review our vision and aims annually at the start of the year to ensure that they reflect the schools current ambitions for the coming year.
We strive to create a safe, friendly environment in which everyone is valued and given the confidence to be inquisitive and love learning. We shall provide experiences which inspire the children to thrive as part of a growing community with high aspirations and opportunities for all.
We aim to:
- Create a safe, happy and caring environment
- Ensure equality of opportunity
- Provide a challenging, inspiring and motivating education which meets the needs of the individual child and the requirements of the National Curriculum
- Value care, consideration and courtesy demonstrating a sense of responsibility, independence and self esteem
- Encourage self awareness, sensitivity towards others, self discipline and appropriate behaviour
- Develop good relationships between staff, pupils, home and the local community
- Provide access to technology to develop skills for the future
Our core principles
Everyone has the right to learn, be safe and be treated with respect.
Behaviour for Learning
Embedding the best behaviours for learning is central to all that we do, ensuring that children are able to make the most of their learning opportunities.
Children are engaged by a creative, relevant and meaningful curriculum which creates memorable learning experiences within a high quality learning environment.
Appropriate assessment which is accurate and ongoing leads to an understanding of the next steps for children’s learning. Effective feedback to the children is fundamental to this.
Staff are deployed effectively and use good subject knowledge to plan and deliver differentiated, inclusive lessons. They provide excellent role models for the children.
Clear objectives, success criteria and rationale are shared with the children.